Sunday, December 19, 2010

Leviticus vs Kirai Ankoku

I had a 30SS scrap using Levi.  I choose to use the outcast but because I had prior knowledge that I would be playing Kirai, I decided not to use my 'magic weapon' list. As you know , magical strike do full damage vs spirits.

My crew was Rusty Alyce(8) , Killjoy(11) and a Hooded rider(8) with 3SS cache. My opponents list was Kirai, Love lost totem (2), Datsue-Ba(7), Jack Daw(9), Onryo(5) and 3 Seishin(3*2).

We played a shared 'plant the evidence' , 3 peices of terrain on each side, and the announce scheme were Killjoy was Frame for murder and Levi Souless life vs Kirai betrayed by spirits and bodyguard.

Using a 6" deployment we started turn 1. Significant plays were as follows.
Turn 1:
I sacrifice levi straight off after moving twice, and ran the hooded rider towards a terrain piece ready to plant some evidence turn 2. My opponent  did some spirit trickery and pushed a summoned Ikiryo into melee range of the Hooded rider. Combat ensued but hooded rider only took a few wounds. Jack Daw moved up on the right flank.
Turn 2.
 Levi got the worst hand (highest card 4!) and decided to try a few simple spells. Jack Daw was in range so Levi let go a Entropic Transformation on Jack Daw. I summoned a hollow waif as a result of this, but the first rules blunder of the game occurred (I'm have only just worked this out!). Jaw Daw can only negate a killed result and the spell states sacrifice. I wonder if this has been FAQed? Oh well, these thing happen during a game. Next I tried to cast a necrotic Unmaking on Jack Daw and this worked. Second rules blunder! Jack Daw was not killed , his controller played a card, but I thought (due to my opponents interpretation) that he was killed and then returned, which is incorrect. I summoned a SPA and mentioned to my opponent that I will just keep doing this etc. The Ikiryo was charged and killed by Killjoy but the Hooded rider was charged by a Onryo. Closing stage Levi died and came back, and the SPA caused a wound on Jack Daw and was killed as his controller had no cards left.
Turn 3.
 Hooded rider disengaged from the combat and Levi turned some Seishin into SPA's. I only needed 1 more to get a Desolation engine. Killjoy was taken out by a summon Ikiryo and Onryo. Kirai was on struggling to gain any ground and I was up on VP's. Levi ability to turn the Seishin into SPA's was turnig out to be a big factor in the game and my opponent was struggling with this.
Turn 4.
We had to finish in about 15 mins so moved 2 SPA's into the Ikiryo and tried to do something with Ayce. The SPA's were turned into scrap and the game was finished.

Overall Outcasts got 2 Vps and Ressie got 2 (bodyguard scheme) so it was a draw. I would have got 2 more VPS if I could have had my next turn and my opponent would have got 0 so it was a shame it was a draw as Levi was in control for the entire game. Levi spells really took the stuffing out of Jack Daw and I am sure that this has (will) be FAQed  (See http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15776&highlight=Jack)

One last thing, spirits do not block LOS (in new FAQ that only the Henchmen got to see) but as it was not official I did not enforce this rule. It makes a big difference if you can target a model directly behind another. Bring on the new rule book 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment